All SVEC LOBBIES ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE AS OF TUESDAY, DECEMBER 22, 2020
Read more »
Any organization, community or country is only as strong as its leaders. That is why electric cooperatives across the country invest in youth leadership development programs. Our youth are our future leaders.
Across our service area, there are outstanding young people who are already taking leadership roles and making great strides to enhance their schools and communities. To read the stories of the ten Rising Stars, click here.
This year, Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative has asked our members to help us honor some of those most inspiring young leaders from our service area.
We have recognized 10 outstanding young leaders. From January 1-31, 2021, we will give you, our members, the opportunity to vote for the one honoree who inspires you the most and has had the greatest impact on his or her school and community.
The guidelines and nomination form will also be available in the January 2021 issue of The Tennessee Magazine.
1. You can vote online once a day on this page or with the mail-in ballot available in the January issue of The Tennessee Magazine.
2. Voting will end Jan. 31, 2021. Mailed entries must be postmarked by that date.
3. In April 2021, one of the monthly winners will be named the overall winner and honored with a $1,000 donation to the school, cause or civic organization of his or her choice.
4. To vote, you must be a member of Sequachee Valley Electric Cooperative and must be at least 18 years of age and a U.S. citizen or permanent legal resident.
5. SVEC employees, board members and their immediate families are not allowed to participate in the contest or win contest prizes.
To cast your vote, click on the photo of the Rising Star you choose and then click "Submit" at the bottom of the page. The Rising Star overall winner will be given $1,000 to donate to the charity/organization/school of his or her choice, which is listed below each photo.